Thursday, September 28, 2006

13 years of marriage

What does a wall of Coo Coo Clocks have to do with 13 years of marriage? No, I'm not coo-coo after 13 years (yeah, I know what you're thinking. I was already coo-coo, ha ha) Laura and I went to Disney World for our Honeymoon and we bought a small clock from this very store.

Our anniversary is September 11, which on the day we were married in 1993, was a cool date, it was easy to remember 9-1-1. Now, sadly, it's even easier to remember. However, the date has not been a harbinger of bad news for our marriage. I can truly say that I love my wife more today than the day we were married. She was out of my league when I met here and remains the same today. It's exactly why I started dating her in Dec. of 92, engaged her on April 6, 93 and married her on Sept. 11. There were some who thought that I was rushing things, and they were right, but I felt that I had to (No, no bun in the oven), but before she got away.

Back to these clocks. I honestly don't feel older at 43 than I did at 30. Sure my back hurts when I lift too much stuff, but I don't FEEL older. I do, however, enjoy soaking up moments more. It's not that I feel that I have precious few hours left on this world, it's more looking at others speeding by and not noticing special moments. Fools! We spent 8 days at Disney World and it wasn't enough. There were so many angles for photos that I had yet to discover. I took over 500 photos on the trip and it wasn't enough. I still lament the photos I didn't take. The 500 photos still don't bring enough memories back to me. The wall of coo-coo clocks was a wrong righted for me. I should have taken a lot more photos on our honeymoon, at least now I have the coo-coos. Posted by Picasa

No comments: