Thursday, November 30, 2006

What I am reading...

I actually have a few books open right now, depends on my mood.

On my pda, I am reading Luke, the third book of the New Testament, the big put down in Biblical times had to be "you brood of vipers!" Perhaps I will study Bible putdowns someday. I will be a hit at all parties!

(TMI Alert) In my throneroom I have "The Lexus and the Olive Tree" It's about our global economy. I haven't got to the Lexus part yet, but in Roman times, the olive tree was king.

Bedside, I have struggled to read "Great Good Places" It's horribly long-winded, but I feel obligated to read it...I don't know why. It's about how much better your life is when you have a third place in which to gather. This was mentioned in a book I enjoyed "Suburban Nation" but has failed to live up to the hype... so far.

On deck is:
"More Guns Less Crime" How having guns available to us lessens crime.
"Back to Mayberry" How the morals of Mayberry are important.
"Bowling Alone" Robert Putnam's book about developing social capital.
"The Disney Way" Just how they do it.
"Fast Food Nation" I haven't seen it in a while, but it should still be there. It should turn me against fast food forever, I'll start reading it AFTER they stop serving McRibs again...

I have purchased a few more books that I cannot recall right now, but they sounded good at the time.

I actually would like to re-read these books because I like them and want to absorb more:

The Tipping Point
Freakonomics
Suburban Nation
Dennison Iowa
Do Fish Drink Water?

No comments: