Wednesday, October 15, 2008

January 2008


Mesa Arizona, January 2008. John Haines, Garrett Otto and I in the dugout. Each year we play in a fantasy camp tournament in Mesa. (Kelly (Hubatka) took the photo.) I was sick and they pretty much had to prop me up for the first three games, then I sat out game number 4. Garrett, who has torn his body apart by playing years of baseball, is catching or caught up to John and me in the skills department. He can actually throw the ball without wincing, something John and I can only dream about. John's arm is totally toast and probably needs Tommy John. I can probably reach 70 on the radar, but with great effort. While the pains of getting old suck, the brain still doesn't think that I'm old, and I'm having a great time. Netx year we plan on getting Jerry White, Jeff Hubatka, and Tom Johnson out there.

No comments: